The Breast Friend Award was launched by South Cumbria Breastfeeding Support in 2017. This award is made to an NHS Health Professional who has made a significant positive difference to the breastfeeding experience of mothers in South Cumbria. Nominations are now open for the 2018 award.
We love to hear good news stories, and to publicise good practice, so please nominate your NHS Breast Friend using our simple nomination form.
The award aims to:
● highlight good practice in the area of breastfeeding support by Health Professionals
● raise awareness amongst Health Professionals and parents of the importance of good support for breastfeeding.
Any NHS Health Professional working in South Cumbria, or who has worked with a mum who lives in this area can be nominated. This could include, for example, Midwives, Maternity Assistants, Health Visitors, Obstetricians, GPs, Nurses, Paediatricians or Dieticians.
How is it decided?
● mothers can nominate an NHS Health Professional, using a simple form on our website
● a judging panel made up of SCBS trustees, NHS staff and local mothers will consider all the applications and choose one winner
● the winner must have made a significant positive difference to a mum’s breastfeeding experience
● the support offered must reflect current good practice in breastfeeding support
● nominations can be made at any time, with the award made annually