The Breast Friend Award is a new award, launched by South Cumbria Breastfeeding Support in 2016. This award is made to a Health Professional based in South Cumbria who has made a significant positive difference to a mother’s breastfeeding experience.
The award aims to:
● highlight good practice in the area of breastfeeding support by Health Professionals
● raise awareness amongst Health Professionals and parents of the importance of good support for breastfeeding.
Any Health Professional working in South Cumbria, or who has worked with a mum who lives in this area can be nominated. This could include, for example, Midwives, Health Visitors, Obstetricians, GPs, Nurses, Paediatricians or Dieticians.
How is it decided?
● mothers can nominate a Health Professional, using a simple form on our website
● a judging panel made up of SCBS trustees and local mothers will consider all the applications and choose one winner
● the winner must have made a significant positive difference to a mum’s breastfeeding experience
● the support offered must reflect current good practice in breastfeeding support
● nominations can be made at any time, with the award made in February each year