The Breast Friend Award was launched by South Cumbria Breastfeeding Support in 2016. This award is made to an NHS Health Professional who has made a significant positive difference to the breastfeeding experience of mothers in South Cumbria. Nominations are now open for the 2017-18 award.
We love to hear good news stories, and to publicise good practice, so please nominate your NHS Breast Friend using our simple nomination form.
The award aims to:
● highlight good practice in the area of breastfeeding support by Health Professionals
● raise awareness amongst Health Professionals and parents of the importance of good support for breastfeeding.
Any Health Professional working in South Cumbria, or who has worked with a mum who lives in this area can be nominated. This could include, for example, Midwives, Maternity Assistants, Health Visitors, Obstetricians, GPs, Nurses, Paediatricians or Dieticians.
How is it decided?
● mothers can nominate an NHS Health Professional, using a simple form on our website
● a judging panel made up of SCBS trustees, NHS staff and local mothers will consider all the applications and choose one winner
● the winner must have made a significant positive difference to a mum’s breastfeeding experience
● the support offered must reflect current good practice in breastfeeding support
● nominations can be made at any time, with the award made annually